During the last minister visit to UKB, he has indicated that Block A, D and E will be delivered by year-end. Based on observation, previously the committee was confident that it could be achieved
Unfortunately, based on the latest development, the situation is as follows:
(1) Block A, D and E is physically ready. However there is no water and electricity supply.
(2) Without water supply, MPAJ will not give TCF and hence there will be no delivery of houses.
(3) DBSB is required to pay Syabas a deposit of RM1.4 mill to get temporary water supply for Block A,D and E but DBSB claims they cannot do so.
(4) In the last 6 weeks, the committee received unverified information from Dr Nik Zamri who claims that MB has agreed that SSG will give letter of undertaking to pay Syabas if DBSB can get its shareholders to give such undertaking to the state.
(5) Based on meeting with MB today (1 Dec 2011) at 400pm attended by LPHS, Syabas, DBSB, the MB claims that he did not make such undertaking but he said that SSG will assist Syabas in recovering any monies due to Syabas after receiving the letter from Damai. This is not acceptable to Syabas as they felt SSG will not be able to get the monies from DBSB.
(6) In view of the above, temporary water supply mater is still very uncertain.
(1) Block A,D and E is complete physically.
(2) DBSB is trying to avoid paying Syabas a Bank Guarantee amounted to RM1.4 mill for block A,D and E
(3) SSG is making everyone running in circles and has not extended any help to purchasers. Our letters to MB office has not been replied.
(4) SSG has not accommodated VICTIMS REPEATED request for an appointment. The MB office refuses to give us an appointment.
Dr Mohamed Rafick Khan Chairman VICTIMS (Ukay Bistari)